THE THIRD INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON STATISTICAL LEARNING AND DATA SCIENCES (SLDS 2015)
April 20-23, 2015
Royal Holloway, University of London, UK
Great progress has been made in the past 20 years in Machine Learning and Statistical Learning, Data Analysis and Data Mining. From the statistical analysis of data to data mining, from machine learning to knowledge discovery, the development of data exploration and modelling has overcome numerous challenges and has benefited greatly from varied, often overlapping, paradigms.
By uniting specialists with different expertise and from different disciplines, the objectives of this conference are to compare approaches to data, to deepen understanding of different methodologies, and to focus on the Grand Challenges that must be addressed in the coming years.
The 3rd Symposium focuses on contemporary and theoretical problems as well as on efficient practical solutions for applied domains which involve Data Analysis, Data Mining, Machine Learning and Statistical Learning contributions.
This Symposium is important for researchers and all who want to keep abreast of developments in data handling and of the consequent results that can be imagined in various applied domains.
The focus of the Symposium includes, but is not limited to, the following themes:
- Conformal Predictors
- Prediction with Expert Advice
- Bayesian Belief Networks
- Machine Learning for Big Data
- Complex/Symbolic Data Analysis
- Geometric Data Analysis
- Visualisation Algorithms
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning
- Semi-supervised Learning and Cluster Analysis
The Symposium will include the following Special Sessions:
- Conformal Prediction and it's Applications (CoPA 2015 Workshop) -- Chairs: Harris Papadopoulos, Alex Gammerman, Vladimir Vovk
- Geometric Data Analysis -- Chair: Fionn Murtagh
- New Frontiers in Data Analysis for Nuclear Fusion -- Chair: Jesus Vega
A special session at the Symposium will be devoted to the memory of Alexey Chervonenkis, who tragically died in September 2014.
- Memorial Concert Celebrating the Life of Alexey Chervonenkis -- watch video
Keynote SpeakersProf. Vladimir Vapnik
- Intelligent Learning: Similarity Control and Knowledge Transfer (20 April 2015) -- watch video
- Statistical Inference Problems and Their Rigorous Solution (21 April 2015)
- From Statistical to Causal Learning (22 April 2015)